- Salbutamol sulphate, a selective beta-2 agonists
which relaxes the muscles in the walls of the small
air passages in the lungs.This helps to open up the
airways and so helps to relieve chest tightness,
wheezing and cough so that you can breath easily.
- Bromhexine hydrochloride, a mucolytic which
liquefies the viscous bronchial mucus.
- Guaifenesin, is used as an expectorant to increase
the volume of sputum and decrease its thickness
which helps patients to remove the sputum also
helps to convert the dry cough to wet cough that
leads to decrease the suffering of patients.
- Menthol which relieves the symptoms of upper
respiratory & sinuses infection.
Ascomint® syrup: is an expectorant and
- Prescribed for bronchial asthma patients.
- Prescribed for chronic bronchitis, and emphysema.
Dosage & Administration
Ascomint® oral syrup used:
For adults and children over 12 years:
- One tablespoonful (10ml) three times daily.
- 2 - 5 years : half teaspoonful (2.5ml) three times
- 6 - 12 years :1 teaspoonful (5ml) three times daily.
- Not recommended in children below 2 years.
Each 10 ml of Ascomint® syrup contain:
- Salbutamol (as sulphate) 2 mg
- Bromhexine hydrochloride 4 mg
- Guaifenesin 100 mg
- Menthol q.s.
Ascomint® is contraindicated in patients with known
hypersensitivity to any of its components, and in the
first three months of pregnancy, and to patient
suffering from high blood pressure or acute heart
Ascomint® as it contains bromhexine, may enhance the
activity of the antibiotics (tetracycline and
- Ascomint® is not recommended to be used
concomitantly with other bronchodilator such as
epinephrine and with antidepressant agents such as
Ascomint® rarely causes dizziness, nausea, vomiting,
headache, sweating, tachycardia, these reactions are
transient in nature or disappear upon reducing the
dosage. ِAll these reactions are similar to those
commonly seen with other sympathomimetic agents.
Ascomint® should be used with caution in case of
sever bronchial asthma and under medical supervision.
- Should be used with caution in patient with diabetes
mellitus, hypertension, hyperthyroidism, coronary
insufficiency and in case of renal and hepatic failure.
- Used under medical supervision in patient with sever
- Should be used with care in case of pregnancy and
Ascomint® Bottle of 100 ml oral solution.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25o C.