- Ciprofloxacin is a broad spectrum antibacterial agent against otic infections.
- Ciprofloxacin acts by inhibiting the subunit of DNA gyrase which is essential in the reproduction of
- Otitis externa.
- Acute otitis media.
- Chronic suppurative otitis media.
- Prophylaxis in otic surgeries such as mastoid surgery.
Dosage & Administration
-Thoroughly clean the ear canal of debris.The initial dosage is 3 - 4 drops, 2- 4 time daily.
-The patient should lie with the affected ear turned upward; instill the solution and remain in this position
for several minutes to insure penetration of the medication into the ear canal.
-Each ml of Ciprofen® Ear Drops contains:
Ciprofloxacin 3 mg
As (Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride)
- Hypersensitivity to Ciprofloxacin or any component of the drug.
- As there are no-controlled studies in pregnant or in breast feeding women, Ciprofloxacin should be used
only if your physician esteems it necessary.
-Transient local burning, itching, taste disturbance, nausea.
- Ciprofen® Ear Drops should be discontinued at the first appearance of a skin rash or any other sign of
- It is not recommended for children under 1 year.
-Ciprofen® Ear Drops: 10 ml dropper bottle.
- Store at temperature below 25°C.
- Protect from light.
- Once the pack has been opened, the content should be used within 1 month.