Dosage & Administration
Adult and children over 12 years:
- In mild to moderate infection: one AUGMEN® 625 mg tablet twice daily or one
AUGMEN® 375 mg tablet three times daily.
- In severe infection and lower respiratory tract infection: one AUGMEN® 1000 mg tablet twice daily or one AUGMEN® 625 mg tablet three times daily.
- In dental infection: one AUGMEN® 625 mg tablet twice daily or one AUGMEN® 375 mg tablet three times daily for 5 days.
- Children under 2 years should be dosed according to body weight.
- Patients aged 12 weeks (3months) and older: as shown in the tables below:
- In mild to moderate infections: upper respiratory tract infections (recurrent tonsillitis), lower respiratory tract infection, skin and soft tissue infections.
- In sever infection of upper respiratory tract infection (otitis media and sinusitis), lower respiratory tract infections (bronchopneumonia) and urinary tract infection.
- Treatment should not be extended beyond 14 days without review to the physician.
- Pediatric patients weighing 40 kg and more should be dosed according to the adult.
- Dosage in renal impairment should be reduced.
Based on the Amoxicillin component, AUGMEN® should be used in neonates and infants aged less than 12 weeks (3 months): 30 mg/kg/day divided into 2 doses or 20 mg/kg/day divid ed into 3 doses. In more serious infections the dosage may be increased up to 50 mg/kg/day divided into 3 doses.
- AUGMEN® Infant Drops should be administered using the supplied syringe doser.
The syringe doser has marking which correspond to the weight of the child. For example, for a child weighing 7 kg, the syringe piston should be withdrawn until the 7 kg marking is level with the top of the body of the syring and the dose is given to child through mouth and the dose repeated each 8 hours.
- For information: each 0.13 ml of AUGMEN® infant Drops corresponds to 1 kg of body weight.
Cases of over dosage with AUGMEN® are usually symptomatic. If encountered,
gastrointestinal symptoms and disturbance of the fluid and electrolyte balances my be evident. They may be treated symptomatically, with attention to the water/ electrolyte balance. AUGMEN® may be removed from the circulation by hemodialysis.