• Dapaglin®- M contains two different substances called dapagliflozin and
metformin. Both belong to a group of medicines called oral anti-diabetics.
These are medicines taken by mouth for diabetes.
• It is used for a type of diabetes called “type 2 diabetes” in adult patients (aged
18 years and older) and usually occurs when you are older. If you have type 2
diabetes, your pancreas does not make enough insulin or your body is not able
to use the insulin it produces properly. This leads to a high level of sugar
(glucose) in your blood.
• Dapagliflozin works by removing excess sugar from your body via your urine
and lowers the amount of sugar in your blood. It can also help prevent heart
• Metformin works mainly by inhibiting glucose production in the liver
• Diabetes mellitus refers to a group of diseases that affect how your body uses
blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is vital to your health because it is an important
source of energy for the cells that make up your muscles and tissues. It is also
your brain's main source of fuel.
• The underlying cause of diabetes varies by type. But, no matter what type of
diabetes you have, it can lead to excess sugar in your blood. Too much sugar in
your blood can lead to serious health problems.
• Chronic diabetes conditions include type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.