- Guafacin® is an effective and pleasant preparation of Psidium guajava (guava) leaves
extract. It is an antitussive due to its direct stimulatory effect on the smooth muscles of the
respiratory tract as well as its antimicrobial activity.
- Guafacin® is used for treatment of cough, bronchitis, bronchial catarrh and mucous
obstruction of bronchi.
- Guafacin® is highly safe and well tolerated in infants and children and recommended for
all types of cough without any reported side effect.
Dosage & Administration
- Infants up to 1 year: 5 - 10 drops of Guafacin® oral drops 3 - 4 times daily.
- Children 1 - 3 years: 10 - 20 drops of Guafacin® oral drops 3 - 4 times daily.
- Children above 3 years: 2.5 - 5 ml of Guafacin® oral solution 3 - 4 times daily.
- Adults: 15 ml of Guafacin® oral solution 3 - 4 times daily.
- Each 5 ml of Guafacin® oral solution contains:
Guava leaves extract 50 mg
- If symptoms persist or worsen during the first week of drug use, a physician should be
- In diabetic patients, the content of sucrose has to be taken into consideration.
- Bottle of 100 ml syrup .
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C.